Health, Wellness and Sciences
Create healthy communities
Our curriculum focuses on interprofessional education and patient-centred care. Quality work placements and outstanding labs allow students to gain valuable experience.
In addition, our students have the opportunity for experiential learning in our clinics, which are open to the public.
Why study Health, Wellness and Sciences at Georgian?
- Our programs include theoretical and practical components through a combination of classroom, laboratory and clinical learning
- Learn in our fully-equipped, state-of-the-art simulation labs where you’ll enjoy hands-on, practical training with equipment you’ll use on the job
- Gain real-world experience and develop specialized skills in our Health and Wellness Clinics, located on campus in Barrie and open to the public
- Learn from passionate, experienced Georgian faculty who bring expert industry knowledge to the classroom
- Engage in clinical placements in a variety of settings in our community
- Many programs are accredited by provincial and national associations or qualify as the first step to becoming licensed within your scope of practice
Certificates (1 year)
- Dental Assisting (Levels I and II)
- Pre-health Sciences Pathway to Advanced Diplomas and Degrees
- Personal Support Worker
- Veterinary Assistant
Diplomas (2 years)
- Biotechnology – Health
- Occupational Therapist Assistant and Physiotherapist Assistant
- Opticianry (Co-op)
- Pharmacy Technician
- Practical Nursing
- Veterinary Technician
Advanced Diplomas (3 years)
Degrees (4 years)
- Honours Bachelor of Science – Applied Life Sciences (Specialization in Biomedical Techniques) Degree with Biotechnology-Health Diploma
- Honours Bachelor of Science – Nursing
Graduate Certificates (1 or 2 years)
Not sure about your next career move?
Find the career that’s right for you, and the Georgian program that will take you there.
Georgian College prepared me for the workplace by providing me with clinical hands-on experience, as well as very knowledgeable and encouraging professors who taught me to believe in myself and my abilities as a regulated health care professional.—Roxanne Collins, Registered Massage Therapist
Georgian’s community health and wellness clinics help meet local demand for health care services.
Open to the public, our clinics are real-world learning environments for our students, providing them practical experience with clients under the guidance of experienced professionals including nurse practitioners, dental hygienists, registered massage therapists and others.
Georgian has state-of-the-art nursing labs where students learn by using high-fidelity simulators.
Located in the Sadlon Centre for Health and Wellness, Georgian’s nursing lab is equipped with 11 patient beds occupied by sophisticated human patient simulators. Lab time provides students with hands-on clinical experiences and opportunities to practise application of nursing theory.
Many paramedics are first introduced to life-saving techniques inside our state-of-the-art paramedic lab in the Sadlon Centre for Health and Wellness at the Barrie Campus.
Using simulators and live actors, paramedic students practise life-saving procedures to build the knowledge and skills needed for emergency out-of-hospital medical and trauma care.
Connect with us
Attend a virtual Get to Know Georgian
session on Aug. 9. from 5 to 6 p.m.
Learn more and RSVP
Take a guided, in-person tour
of our campuses.
Book a campus tour
Book a phone appointment
with a recruitment specialist.
Schedule a call
Join our email list for event updates, contest information and more.
Sign up for Georgian updates
Take a single course, or work towards a diploma, certificate or degree—all at a pace that’s right for you. Part-time courses are offered at night or on weekends, or you can opt for online learning.
Looking for credit?
Select from a range of programs, register class-by-class and study on your time. Georgian offers degrees, certificates, diplomas, advanced diplomas and graduate certificates.
Looking to advance your career, meet an industry requirement or learn a new skill? We offer a variety of evening and weekend courses to support your ongoing growth.
Take a course or program online instead as an alternative to in-class. Online courses for a range of subjects are available to part-time and full-time students through OntarioLearn.